Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Kyoto Castles


Kyoto has 17 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, more than 1600 Buddhist temples and over 400 Shinto shrines.


Here are a few photos of some of the temples and shrines, that my neighbor George recently visited, and the beautiful gardens that surround them.


This almost looks like a peaceful caretaker's cottage (above).  What do you think?

The details of these ancient structures (below) are exquisite.


This (below) seems like an idyllic country scene.


I love how the pagoda (below) peeks above the roof line of the village.


Even the placement of the trees seems deliberate.


These structures have a fairytale-like quality.


I think the time of year (late summer/early fall) is just perfect in these photos.


An old covered bridge - reminding us that the winters can be hard here.


These zen gardens are so lovely.  Why do I have the urge to run through the sand and leave my footprints behind?  I'm such a brat.

Someone has taken the time to rake these so beautifully, leaving no trace of themselves behind.


Have a peaceful day!

No comments: