Friday, February 20, 2015

Jack the Cat and the Stink-Eye

Jack just hanging out 
My cat Jack is a funny guy.  He is very laid back and sweet.  He's so sweet and kind and funny I sometimes forget he's a cat.  (No offense to cats everywhere, but you know how bossy and opinionated cats can be!  They think they're always right and have an extremely high opinion of themselves.

Not that they're completely wrong.  Cats are pretty awesome.

However, every now and then, he reminds me who is really in charge of our household.

Like the morning Jack decided I needed to move to the couch because it was his turn to sit in the comfy armchair.

Stand Back!
Jack giving me the stink-eye
I got the stink-eye on that one, until I moved out of the chair! (Yeah, I'm a pushover!)

Phew!  I won't make that mistake again.  That's a rather scary expression. That's a "you know I could easily kill you with one swipe of my ittle widdle paw" expression.

Most of the time, my little Jack is content to be my sweet cuddle-bunny.  That's just fine with me. I have to remind myself that we all have occasional bad days, don't we Jack?

Jack in a better mood, smiling for the camera
I can't complain about Jack.  He takes pretty good care of me on a daily basis. He makes me laugh. I'm lucky to have him around.  ...And that stink-eye is rather effective when it comes to scaring away monsters and boogey-men!  

Wherever you are, Jack and I wish you a lovely weekend!

No comments: