Friday, February 27, 2015

Concert Tee Day

Rick Springfield's Working Class Dog Tour Tee, 1981
Today is Wear Your Favorite Rock Band Tee Shirt day here at the office.  Later, we'll have cake for all the February birthdays.  Wearing funny theme shirts and celebrating birthdays are nice ways to end each month.

I began reflecting on some of the artists I've seen in concert through the years:

  • David Bowie
  • Sting
  • Rod Stewart
  • Three-Dog Night
  • The Moody Blues
  • Julian Lennon
  • A-Ha
  • Glen Campbell
  • Jackson Browne
  • The Doobie Brothers
  • Melissa Manchester
  • Neil Diamond
  • Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
  • Rick Springfield
  • Men At Work
  • Arlo Guthrie

That's an eclectic list, isn't it? There may be a few more that I can't remember.  (Okay, there are probably quite a few more I can't remember!  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that some concerts are more memorable than others.)

I'm a big fan of a few of these, and remember attending a few of these concerts with friends who were big fans.  Some of the best shows out of the list?  David Bowie and Neil Diamond are among my favorites.  Their shows were terrific.

There are also lots of groups I wish I could have seen.  How about you?  Who have you seen in concert?  Who do you wish you could have seen?

Later today I'm going to go around the office and take photos of the concert tees everyone is wearing.  So far I've seen a few good ones... I'll be sharing with you next week, so stay tuned.

Have a terrific weekend!

Working Class Dog, 1981




No comments: