Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Corner Bakery

My very talented friend Lauri
Part of my holiday festivities this year included some fun outings with friends.  Here I'm putting dessert before lunch, but I had to post the photo of Lauri first.  Lauri is a highly talented comedic actress, among other things.  I don't get to see her often enough, but I sure enjoy her company!

One day during the Christmas holiday we went off for lunch and a movie.

I love Yogurtland!
Lunch included a visit to the newly opened Corner Bakery on Whittier Boulevard.


The place was packed with people.


It was an interesting place.  The food was good.  They have a wide variety of soups, salads and sandwiches.  My friend had a roast beef sandwich that looked really yummy.  I had a tri-salad plate with (my choice) of an avocado salad, a kale salad and a tuna salad that was also very good.  The service wasn't bad, either.  Although I prefer a sit-down restaurant where the wait staff takes your orders and serves you, this wasn't bad.  I'll have to try them again sometime.

The Tea/Coffee bar
 It's nice that you can order on-line.  It saves the wait in line if you're in a hurry.

The Corner Bakery on Whittier Boulevard
After lunch we went off to the Uptown theaters to see the latest Night at the Museum movie.  It was great!  Two thumbs up.  If I had three thumbs they'd all be up.

But that would be weird.  So, never mind.

A visit to Yogurtland for some dessert topped off a really great afternoon.  The best gift I got for Christmas this year was all the time spent with good friends.

Hope your new year is off to a good start, too!

No comments: