Monday, December 8, 2014

Learning to Crochet

Test run 
I don't know what came over me, but when someone got me a gift certificate for Barnes and Noble for my birthday, I found myself straying into the arts and crafts section.  My attention was drawn to books on How To Crochet, and little packets of brightly colored yarn.  As my house is full of books, and imminently in danger of being granted library status, I thought maybe I'd get the essentials to begin crocheting instead.

Well, okay, that also involved buying the How To Crochet for Absolute Beginners book, but in my defense it was small and the bulk of the gift cert went to the crochet hooks and yarn... you get the idea.

My first adventures in crochet
I began the adventure carefully, and found it is relaxing and fun!

Then, on Saturday, my dear friend Cheryl - who is a real crocheting pro - volunteered her time and talents for a few hours to teach me a quick stitch and get me started on a blanket project:

Blanket in progress!
I had such a good time visiting with Cheryl, and her help was invaluable in achieving my crocheting goal of making a blanket!  I got quite a bit done over the weekend!

And, did I mention it was a lot of fun?  Thank you, Cheryl!  You are the best!

I love this!
I'm not sure where the photo came from, but a friend posted it on Facebook.
Have you stretched your limits, or tried a new hobby lately?

No comments: