Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Happy Halloween!

The dragon cometh... or something
Mark insisted he was dressed as the Green Lantern, and would flash his Green Lantern ring
Saturday night was our big birthday bash - slash - Halloween costume party.

To my surprise and amazement, everyone came in some kind of costume this year!  It was fabulous, I tell you!
Lisa and Robin cracking up over someone's joke
We always have a good time and there is always tons of good food and conversation and laughter.

I put on my listening ears for the occasion!
Okay, I was dressed as an LOTR Elven woman

I had not expected Abbie to dress for the occasion, and she totally cracked me up with this delightful costume:

I loved this costume!
Abbie dressed as "the Ocean"
Yes, in case you missed Orca diving off her hat and the sea creatures on her shirt, she was dressed as the OCEAN.  You don't see that a lot in Halloween costumes.  It just made me laugh.
There was also a Greek Goddess there!
She was also one of the Birthday Girls
Our Greek Goddess had made her own costume.  Well done!

We even had a lady Darth Vader show up!
Darth Peggy also attended
Julie showed up as Queen of the Nerds.  That's a Comic-Con badge around her neck, and all kinds of fannish buttons on the tee-shirt.  Need I say more?
Julie was the self-proclaimed "Queen of the Nerds"
Laura works at the Natural History Museum.  She was fabulously dressed as a witch. This photo does not do her justice.  In person, she quite honestly looked like she'd stepped right out of the teacher's lounge at Hogwart's.

Good job, Laura!

Laura was a lovely Harry Potter world-worthy Witch
I was amazed that Lisa, who generally eschews costumes, took the time to make a great costume! Her very talented mom painted the snail.  Good going Lisa's mom!

Lisa's Snail costume was originally done for her Tryking group
and featured a water bottle and glitter contraption on the back leaving slime trails
Of course, once the cats discovered that Lisa's antennae moved, Lisa became a cat toy.

The cat loved her antennae!
This was pretty funny, actually.

The cat kept attacking those antennae balls!  It was funny.
Maybe not so much fun for Lisa!  But the cat enjoyed it immensely.

Hostess Maura's shirt reads, "I'm the Evil Twin"
Her twin Maurice must be relieved
Thanks go out to our Hostesses who graciously opened their home to all us crazies.  All the cats and dogs helped make us feel at home.  I got doggy kisses and kitty cuddles.  It was great.

Jackie was another hostess of the party
We love her deviled eggs
There is always more food than you can possibly imagine at these gatherings.  It is always good. What a fun day spent in the company of good friends!  I really enjoyed my birthday party.  

The Birthday Boy
Okay, now I see the Green Lantern Ring!
Hope you enjoy your Halloween, too. 
(There are only a few more days left to party!)


No comments: